CustomVue Laser Vision Correction Procedure
Open the door to a bright, clear future
The Advanced CustomVue™ procedure is ushering in a new era in laser vision correction. The doorway to freedom from glasses and contact lenses is now open to millions of people, including many who were once told they were not candidates.
The reason is simple—until now, there has never been a laser vision correction procedure that offers the precision and accuracy of the Advanced CustomVue procedure. Since 2003, the Advanced CustomVue procedure has earned FDA approval to treat the broadest range of vision imperfections possible, including mild to severe nearsightedness (up to 11 diopters of correction), farsightedness, and all types of astigmatism.
CustomVue for High Myopia
On September 7, 2005, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has approved VISX CustomVue laser vision correction from -6.00 to -11.00 with up to -3.00 diopters of cylinder.
Clinical studies found that 98.3 percent of those receiving the CustomVue high myopia treatment were corrected at six months to 20/40 or better and 84.3 percent were corrected to 20/20 or better without spectacles or contact lenses.
FDA clinical study results:
One year after CustomVue treatment
- 100% of patients pass their driving test
- 98% see 20/20 or better
- 70% see better than 20/20
- …without glasses or contacts!
How does CustomVue get such great results?
Advanced technology, individualized to your eyes
- Advanced Wavescan technology is used to measure the unique imperfections in your vision—a measurement 25 times more precise than those used for glasses and contact lenses!
- Like a fingerprint, each person’s vision is unique. The WaveScan produces a one-of-a-kind map of your vision.
- CustomVue uses this map to customize a highly accurate correction for the unique characteristics of your eye, giving the doctor a precise guide for your treatment.
- Many clinical study patients found their night vision was improved after the CustomVue procedure. Four times as many participants were very satisfied with their night vision after the procedure as compared to their night vision before with glasses or contacts.